MUSIC FOR DREAMDANCERS — Filmbar Jazz, 1st hour
Selected by Ach for the Filmbar Café, Summer 2020
In March of the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic, Achs Saturday Jazz at The Filmbar Club was closed, as were all the other nightclubs in Vienna. Until today it has not been able to reopen. It looks like the year will be over without the Saturday Jazz DJs being able to play their brilliant selection of music at the Filmbar. Therefore, starting today, every first and third Sunday of the month, we will play a 12-hour DJ set here on Radio Orange. Alexander Ach Schuh presented this set especially in summer 2020 for the days when the Filmbar temporarily reopened as a café with limited opening hours.
The first hour features music by Edmony Krater, Steve Turre, Judy Roberts, Max Labor, Kokoroko, Nérija, Roberto Juan Rodriguez and Poncho Sanchez.
Playlist / Zusatzinfo:
(1) Max Labor; MAMA SAYS (05:04); album: Mamma Says, Frederick 7 Rec. (1982)
(2) Georges Cables; VOODOO LADY (05:58); album: Cables' Vision Contemporary Rec. 14001 (1980)
(3) Judy Roberts; NEVER WAS LOVE (03:58); album: The Judy Roberts Band, Inner City Rec IC1078 (1980). Re-issued in: Kev Beadle Presents The Best of Inner City Records, BEE Records (2016)
(4) Terry Seabrook's Cubana Bop; No Return (04:52); album: The Story So Far (2006)
(5) Kokoroko; ADWA (05:11); album: Kokoroko, Brownswood Recordings BWOOD0199EP (2019)
(6) Nérija; Last Straw (06:32); album: Blume, Domino Records WIGLP433 (2019)
(7) Roberto Juan Rodriguez; Shalom A Shango (04:09); álbum: El Danzon De Moises (2002)
(8) Poncho Sanchez; Child Of The Earth (06:33); album: Do It! (2005)
(9) Edmony Krater et Zepiss; GWADLOUP (06:34); album: Tijan Pou Velo, Editions Kaluila KL05F139 (1980)
(10) Steve Turre; ALL BLUES (FLAMENCO SKETCHES) (06:13); album: Viewpoint, Stash Records ST-270 (1987)
(11) Carla Bley; DINING ALONE (04:35); album: Dinner Music. Text by John Hunt and Carla Bley, WATT-6, ECM Records 2313 106 (1977)