MUSIC FOR DREAMDANCERS — Filmbar Jazz / 12th hour
Selected by Ach in Summer 2020 for the Filmbar Café
March 2020 in the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic, Achs Saturday Jazz at The Filmbar Club was closed, as were all the other nightclubs in Vienna. Until today it has not been able to reopen. It looks like the year will be over without the Saturday Jazz DJs being able to play their brilliant selection of music at the Filmbar. Therefore we play every first and third sunday of the month a part of the 12 hours dj-set here on Radio Orange. Alexander Ach Schuh presented this set especially in summer 2020 for the days when the Filmbar temporarily reopened as a café with limited opening hours.
This final part and twelfth hour of this special series features music by Azar Lawrence; Wayne Shorter; Bobby Matos; Mario Rom's INTERZONE; Sam Rivers; Noriko Miyamoto with Isao Suzuki; Marc Steckar; Papo Vazquez Mighty Pirates Troubadours; Kimiko Kasai; Sonny Rollins.
Playlist / Zusatzinfo:
(1) Azar Lawrence; THE AWAKENING (06:43); ablum: People Moving, Prestige P-10099 (1976)
(2) Wayne Shorter; DE POIS DO AMOR, O VAZIO (AFTER LOVE, EMPTINESS) (11:35); album: Odyssey of Iska, Blue Note (1970)
(3) Bobby Matos; God Of The Crossroads (05:57); album: Sessions (1998)
(4) Mario Rom's INTERZONE; Broken Image of Man (07:10); ablum: Truth is Simple to Consume (2017)
(5) Sam Rivers; VERVE (07:09); album: Contrasts, ECM 1162 (1980)
(6) Noriko Miyamoto with Isao Suzuki; MY LIFE (06:06); álbum: Push, Yupiteru Rec YJ25-7002 (1978)
(7) Marc Steckar; LONG TRIP SAILOR (04:25); album: Endless Staircase, Cream Records 066 (1984)
(8) Papo Vazquez Mighty Pirates Troubadours; Redemption (05:12); album: Oasis (2012)
(9) Kimiko Kasai; I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS (04:01); album: Thanks, Dear, CBS SOPM 166 (1974)
(10) Sonny Rollins; MY REVERIE (07:39); album: Nuwcleus, Milestone (1975)